- Watch whitewater rafters risk their lives and explore trails at the US National Whitewater Center
- Go brewery hopping in south end
- Walk the Greenway
- Grab a sandwich from rhino and go hike Crowders Mountain for lunch with a view
- Explore vendors and grab lunch at Camp North End
- Go have some fun at TopGolf
- Grab lunch and walk around Optimist Hall in NoDa
- Go to SkipTown even if you don’t have a dog
- Take a photo at the hearts wall in South End
- Walk the light rail in South End and stop by Suffolk Punch for coffee, lunch, or just a drink
- Rhino Market - Great for breakfast or lunch if you’re craving a sandwich. Do not sleep on the breakfast burrito (no salsa, sub hot sauce 🔥)
- Eight & Sand Kitchen - All around fave for breakfast, lunch or coffee
- Poppy’s Bagels - Easy spot for a hungover bagel and right next to Lauren’s old condo!
- Central Coffee or Not Just Coffee - Charlotte cult favorites
- Superica - Excellent for lunch or dinner
- Indaco - Delicious for dinner in Atherton Mill
- Barcelona Wine Bar - Great for apps and loitering in south end
- Bardo - Considered one of the best restaurants in Charlotte
- Hawkers - Grab a table on the walk-up patio and don’t forget to grab Jeni’s for dessert
Bars & Breweries
- *Seoul Food Meat Co - Fun outdoor bar - order the wings. *Gene wishes this to be featured so I’ve added an asterisk.
- Suffolk Punch - One of our go-to spots! Walk right up from the light rail. One of the best patios in Charlotte and they also have great food.
- Elsewhere - Intimate cocktail bar tucked away in south end
- Pins - Game bar on steroids
- Wooden Robot - Gene’s favorite brewery
- Ed’s Tavern - Divey bar with great outdoor patio, some games and TVs everywhere
- Halal Cart - Gene would like the people to know that this food truck is available for lunch, dinner, and late night. He believes it is a Charlotte staple.
- Haymaker - Great spot right outside the stadium for apps and a delicious cocktail
- Alexander Michael’s - Known as a go-to first date spot in Charlotte
- Poplar - I love this restaurant so much I tried to make it work for our venue. No dice.
- Reid’s fine foods - Always a crowd pleaser for lunch! Great sandwiches and salads.
Worth a drive
- Noble Smoke - Gene’s nomination for best barbecue in Charlotte. This is sort of like small plates barbecue and it’s 100% worth the hype.
- The Batchmaker - By far the best desserts I’ve ever had!
- Ace No. 3 - Best burger in charlotte
- Laurel Market - This wouldn’t be a list of favorites without Laurel Market. Also… this is not really in south end but it’s one of the best!
The Stanley - Cozy and delicious. Excellent dinner spot. Grab a cocktail at The Crunkleton next door.
- Peppervine - Located in South Park, this is the restaurant Gene took Lauren right the night he proposed
- Selwyn Pub - Great outdoor patio spot to watch sports and have a drink. Oh and their pizza is amazing.